Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Yoga

I've been back to see Sharon, my yoga instructor this week. We have settled into a pattern of a 1-2-1 session every 5/6 weeks with me practising at least 4 days out of 7 inbetween sessions, and I can telephone/email her with any queries.

Yoga was always one of those things that I saw my closest friends doing, enjoying and living, it was something I had tried in various forms, but it was something I just didn't get. Til I met Sharon.

There are no pretenses with Sharon, no fancy airs or graces. She offers me tailored yoga sets to meet my spinal fusion needs and she doesn't expect me to change my life style to do it. 

I can absolutely tell you Clanettes, in utter certainty, if only for myself at least, that yoga is helping my recovery. There are days when it just loosens me up and helps me carry on lifting and bending, and there are days, like when I get a new (harder!) set that I know, because the evidence is there, that I can reach further than I was, stretch deeper and breathe better.
I urge you. If you have even the faintest interest, or passing thought that yoga could help you, that you might even just try it for enjoyment, then do try it. You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment