Friday, September 14, 2012

Music to run (or indeed exercise) to!

I am brimming with emotion.  Paul is in Scotland, cycling his massive heart out. Today was always a big mile day, but due to a landslide they have had to de-tour meaning they have to cycle 137 miles today - in gale force winds and pouring rain. That, I think coupled with a relentless week, the consultant last night, and the end being so close now, has meant I have been teary this morning (I know! I know! I ALWAYS cry! Its a way of life!).

I kind of needed to record the moment I guess, so that the annals of history can record that Niamh and I went swimming (she loves it!), Bebe completed her first week at school, Lochie going into class this morning said of me wishing him luck on his first spelling test 'Don't worry Mummy, I'm a Christie, I'll kill it'! The Chris Moyles show ended and Paul battled Mother Nature on his bike.

But seriously, what a post to write - let alone read, so I thought I'd disguise the emotion with an upbeat post about music!!

So! What do you listen to when you work out?  I don't have music when I'm on my bike, but I do listen to music when I run and when I swim..  I thought I'd share my play list :-

Kelly Clarkson - My life would suck without you
Jakatta - American Dream
Madonna - Love Profusion
My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the black parade
Kelly Clarkson - My life would suck without you
Ben Howard - Keep your head up
Jason Derulo - What if
Justin Timberlake - What goes around, comes around
Madonna - Sorry
Linkin Park - Crawling
Kelly Clarkson - My life would suck without you
Mika - Relax, take it easy
Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston - When you believe

Quite an eclectic mix, I'm sure you'll agree - a mix of good beats and then sing your heart outs..  And I can't think of an excuse for 'When you believe' other than it has got me home numerous times!  No your eyes are not deceiving you, the same Kelly Clarkson song does indeed appear 3 times - its my absolute fave to run too and I like that it keeps popping up during my workout!

Go on,  cheer me up Clanettes, what do you listen to?

4 comments:

  1. Hugs!! I listen to nothing when I swim. Though I am tempted by a waterproof MP3 and I have a birthday approaching...! Nothing when I cycle. Running. OK, newbie runner, following C25K. So far I have listened to the podcasts. I shall be compiling an absolutely awesome playlist to run to, once I have graduated from podcasts! (May I suggest Aerosmith? I listened to them when I did the 30 Day Shred. 'Mazin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Areosmith is on my 'potential run playlist' good call - I don't wanna miss a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly Clarkson's is a great running song! The beat is so catchy; I can understand why it's on your playlist three times.

    Some of my favorites are:
    Raindrops by Sash!
    Adelante by Sash!
    True Believer by E-Type
    We Found Love by Rihanna

    Hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plumpetals (Mind if I call you PP?) the beat to Kelly Clarkson is perfect for running at 8.5 on the treadmill, my feet hit the machine with the beat perfectly! Sash is a good beat-miester too, as is Rhinanna, but I've not heard of E-type so I'll go and have a looksy. Thanks for your comment - I love that you get involved x x

    ReplyDelete